People who know me know that sometimes I can get a bit ‘stabby’, They know that I am far from being some kind of serenity guru. So if you’re reading and enjoying my blogs, thank you, I appreciate it and you need to know that things get under my skin… first world things. Like……
- People who don’t say thank you – like how hard is it? Two. Words.
- When people seem to go out of their way to be unhappy, like the guy who used to come to my Body Pump class, stand directly under the speaker and then complain the music was too loud Every, Single. Class
- When people wait until the lights have turned green before even thinking about getting into gear. Seriously, it’s not a surprise is it?!
Now some days these things don’t bother me, other times they do. And then I have to have a word with myself.
- Sometimes I don’t say thank you. Some times I have so much on I forget those 2 words.
- Although I have NEVER been able to send something to my printer and then walk away and come back to it being printed, I still merrily click print, walk away and then get really cross when I come back and for some mystical reason the thing has stopped printing.
- Sometimes I don’t get into gear on time, Sometimes I’m miles away, in a world of my own.
While I’m having a word with myself, I remind myself that all of this is so petty anyway, none of it really matters. What I also remind myself is that underneath we all have our struggles, I am no more or less flawed than anyone else. When it comes to sharing ideas as to how to live a calmer and happier life, I am in as good a position as anyone. I know how it feels to be a bit ‘stabby’, I know some things that can help. And then I reach for my knitting.