Uncategorized

Phew!

One of the things I love about knitting something new is that I’m never sure how it’s going to turn out. I’m pretty pleased with my most recent creation.

This top down cape takes 400g of yarn. I must admit to holding my breath as I was casting off as it was a close call with the yarn. Some changes here and there but nothing major. Of course I didn’t make any notes so I’m going to have to sit there and work it out but never mind.

Now if only I had 4 buttons I could finish it. You’d think in that ubiquitous button box you’d have 4 the same…. nope. I have a selection of suitable candidates but only 3 of each. I did think about a mix and match but it needs to be right.

So after busking tomorrow I’ll have to go to John Lewis’ or somewhere to get some sturdy wooden buttons. Note to self… take the thing with you as you won’t remember how big they need to be! Oh and I’ll try not to buy any more yarn…. ahem.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s