This afternoon I settled down in my Makery and had a go at adding an edging. I’d not done it before and was quite excited.
I realised fairly early on that my usual relaxed knitting style was too loose. That rectified, I was happy with the result but it didn’t do what I thought it would. My intention was that it would stop the ubiquitous stocking stitch curl edge. It didn’t. Lesson learned. Well 3 actually.
1) I tried something new and as a technique I was pleased with the result.
2) I discovered that the edging doesn’t stop the edge curling.
3) I learned I was brave enough to undo my work rather than try and make good…. I know I’m not alone in being reluctant to do this!
So going forward, the next version will have a garter edge and I’ll knit it in one piece with contrasting yarns. I’m looking forward to that. And now I’m going to make a start on the back; some lovely cable work there to get stuck into. Oh and resist the urge to buy more yarn…. I’ve made this sign for my makery…😂😂😂